Here are the latest developments in our community during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Grand River Transit has implemented free service effective immediately until May 31, 2020. This includes buses, ION light rail and Mobility Plus. They have cautioned, though, that transit service should be used for essential trips only. Customers with April monthly passes will automatically receive a free monthly pass after the free service ends. Customers in exceptional circumstances who require a refund can call 519-585-7597 ext. 7243.
- Shoppers Drug Mart is covering the cost of a virtual walk-in clinic from March 16 – April 10 (this may be extended further). This would be very useful to people who are currently suffering from a minor ailment but reluctant to go to their doctor or visit a hospital.
- Major telecommunication companies such as Rogers and Bell are waiving their internet overage charges as well as long distance and roaming fees. Please check with your telecommunications provider for the specific period covered by these programs.
- Grand River Transit’s weekday bus service will be reduced on some routes starting Monday, April 20. There are no changes to weekend service, and ION light rail will continue to run every 15 minutes. For a full list of affected routes, click here.
Supporting Local Businesses
- Click here to view local businesses or to submit information about a local business.